25/12/2010

Merry Fucking Christmas!

It's that time already? How could it be? It's infernally hot, I'm staying in a tiny Muslim village, alcohol is as scarce as snow and it certainly doesn't feel like Christmas, but it is. However, I've got to say that it's been rather enjoyable. Hiking through the jungle, fighting off leeches, sweating profusely and just relaxing a bit has been phenomenal. The fact that no one gives a shit about the date makes it that much better for me. It's just another day.

In other news, I banged around Kuala Lumpur with an insane Italian, a really cool Canadian guy and girl and just had a great time. The food was unbelievable. Everything is on offer there at any hour. Christ, it's just fucking brilliant. The fact that it costs peanuts makes it that much better. As far as a city goes, I actually enjoyed it there. Getting awoken by the jackhammers and construction work after drinking all night wasn't so great, but eh, we survived.

Had quite a few great encounters with some interesting characters. An old (70-plus) Indian man at the Batu Caves gave us one hell of a lesson. The best had to be why he liked Helsinki so much: "There are no niggers or Chinese there. They tell them 'get out' and they leave. It's a great place." All this with an Indian accent—it was fucking classic. The Chinese taxi driver was great as well: "I find you Northern China girl. Very young, very cheap. They are big too. They eat wheat so they're tall like you, not like me. I only eat rice. I small." Oh, and the best had to be: "Oh, you want two girls? You want sandwich? No problem. I take you there later. Here's my card." Fuck me, I just loved it! Aside from the drunken revelry that ensued in Little India where he dropped us, that was the highlight for me. Jesus, what a night.

Anyway, enough of the bullshit. I don't want to pay for ten more minutes on this thing, I need a drink, a smoke and I want to listen to Metallica at my hostel. Yeah, it's really great. As I was watching Metallica DVDs earlier with the lady that works there, I just didn't have the heart to refute her claim that Lars Ulrich is the best drummer in the world. I mean, how can you possibly break a cute, young Malaysian heavy metal fans' heart? I'm not that ruthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment